Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Super-8 Spotted in Another Feature Film

  1. #1
    toll
    Guest toll's Avatar

    Exclamation

    I recently bought the Johnny Depp movie Blow on DVD, and there is some footage in there of
    George's daughters birthday that I knew immediately by the grain they meant it to look like Super 8. I thought it was just probably done on computer, until the director's commentary revealed that it was really shot on Super 8! The whole film is loaded with spectacular cinematography for those who haven't seen it. Each decade the film covers is shot to look like the film stocks of those eras, and they do a great job. At times, you can hardly tell the difference. If you can get an old spring copy of American Cinematographer featuring Blow, its well worth the information.

    ------------------

  2. #2
    miguelito
    Guest miguelito's Avatar

    Post

    Hey Toll,

    Thanks for the info. man! I really like to
    hear that real super-8 film is being used
    in feature-lentgh films. (as does everyone
    else on this board I'm sure.)


    Miguelito (michael)

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •